tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Slower start with Tomcat 7.0.14 and higher
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:27:23 GMT
> I think it can happen, without detection, if you have the same class directly visible
to multiple classloaders - which I recall that you do (but perhaps I misunderstood this statement:
"the base classloader includes a lot more than CATALINA_BASE/lib.  Some of these jars are
huge -- and the intent (and effect) is that these are shared by
> any/all web app instances.").
>
> So before pursuing this any further, is the same class visible to more than one classloader
in your environment?  If not, then there should be no problem, regardless of internal classloader
logic.
Overall I'm pretty confident that things are okay here -- especially as
we've been using and testing this configuration for quite some time now.

--
Jess Holle