tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Björn Agel <bjo...@agel-rosen.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Logging Log4J - [INFO] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:26:11 GMT
Am 21.06.2011 14:59, schrieb Konstantin Kolinko:
> 2011/6/21 Björn Agel<bjoern@agel-rosen.de>:
>> Hmmmm,
>>
>> In the documentation of Struts 1.3.10 it says they are using commons-logging
>> API.
>> I configured Tomcat to use log4j, so I don't know where the calls to
>> ServletContext.log() should come from.
>> Any ideas?
> Search for the "PropertyMessageResources" string in the source code,
> or in the compiled class files (the string in classes is in UTF-8, so
> it will be visible as is).  The message should have come from
> somewhere.
>
> There is no "PropertyMessageResources" string in the Tomcat 7.0
> sources. I do not know what version you are actually using.
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Here is the source code and the code line:
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.struts/struts-core/1.3.10/org/apache/struts/util/PropertyMessageResources.java#352

They are using commons-logging ...
I configured Tomcat 7 for using log4j as described here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/logging.html#Using_Log4j

But it seems to be that my web application doesn't call log4j.
I thought without any special configuration, log4j would be used as the
default logger or am I wrong?

best regards,
Björn