tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Slower start with Tomcat 7.0.14 and higher
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:51:02 GMT
On 6/20/2011 3:16 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Sure we want to make scaning as fast as possible. But did you realize,
> that you can exclude Jars from being scanned? There's a list f
> exclusions defined in catalina.properties.
Yes -- and I'll go there is the speed from 7.0.12 (which was quite
reasonable despite scanning all our jars) cannot be re-attained.

I might go there anyway for *some* of our jars, but I will likely want
to start doing more via annotations and less via web.xml as well -- and
would like to minimize the startup performance penalty entailed in doing so.

--
Jess Holle