tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Null-pointer exception from response.encodeUrl under Windows Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:07:15 GMT
Thomas Freitag wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>
> On 06/09/2011 07:52 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> Can you display the original request URL, or perhaps enable the AccessLogValve?
(I'm not sure if that captures forwards, however.)

> It does. The redirect URL set to the client can be logged with %{Location}o.

I don't think we are talking about a redirect response sent to the client here.
That would definitely /not/ work without a scheme.

I think what Chuck meant, is that the /current/ request could be the result of a previous

internal forward without a scheme.

By the way :

(Interface HttpServletResponse, Javaee 5)

encodeUrl

String encodeUrl(String url)

     Deprecated. As of version 2.1, use encodeURL(String url) instead

Maybe it's worth replacing encodeUrl by encodeURL, and see if the problem still happens.