tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Olofsson <si...@olofsson.de>
Subject ServletRequestListener and Expect-Header
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:47:42 GMT
Hi,

I have a ServletRequestListener that tries too access a Request Parameter:
  sre.getServletRequest().getParameter("x");

When I send a POST-Request with the "Expect: 100-continue" HTTP Header
it hangs waiting for the Request Body which isn't send because Tomcat
didn't send a 100-continue Response. See the Stacktrace at [1]. This
happens with a Tomcat built from SVN-Trunk.

This problem only occurs in a ServletRequestListener. Accessing a
Request Parameter from a Servlet works, because the Request is
acknowledged beforehand (StandardWrapperValve:176).

I would suggest to acknowledge the Request in
catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters().

Any ideas or help with submitting a patch is greatly appreciated.

[1] http://pastebin.com/r2J0P3qx

Best,
Simon