tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Static resource mapping in web.xml
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:35:26 GMT
On 08/06/2011 15:17, falvarez@geocom.com.uy wrote:

>                 I have a WEBAPP which uses the "invoker" servlet (i know how
> bad it is, but for now it gets the job done).

That is such a monumentally bad idea I'm not at all sure you really do
understand just how bad it is.

>                 The problem is that static content is not shown under
> "images", it is shown under "images/images".

That is because the default servlet was designed and documented only for
mapping to /*

Since so many people mis-use it (which creates security issues) support
for mapping to something other than /* was added in 6.0.30 onwards.

Mark