tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** maxPostSize syntax
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:12:29 GMT
On 6/2/2011 7:52 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 02:37, Olivier Lefevre wrote:
>> You guys have a chip on your shoulder. This is Java.
>> sizes by all the -Xm? options, so why not by Tomcat.
>> M and G are size units, too.
>>
>> Other than dudes with an attitude like you, nobody
>> refers to 64M as 67108864.
>
> When trying to persuade others to your point of view or to volunteer
> some of their time to implement a feature you would like to see, taking
> an antagonistic approach is rarely the most effective way to achieve
> your objective.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, you are the first person to suggest such a
> feature. That doesn't mean that such a feature would be unwelcome. It
> strikes me as a useful addition; if it can be implemented without having
> to change the setter for every attribute that could use these abbreviations.

I would think overriding Integer.parseInt(), or adding an equivalent
method to the code section that loads the various configuration files
would be the most efficient way to do this globally.

I'd love to have this abbreviation capability, but I can barely keep up
with my own company's code-writing needs, so I just use a calculator and
enter the actual integer value where it's needed.