tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Shared Class Loader Removed?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:59:11 GMT
Hi Chuck,

I may have a server that has several instances of the same web application running under different
contexts.  I was thinking about putting the jars in the shared repository, rather than deploying
them with the war.  Could you please help me understand why this is bad?

TIA,
- Ole

>> From: Ole Ersoy [mailto:ole.ersoy@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Tomcat 7 Shared Class Loader Removed?
>
>> I noticed that the tomcat 7 documentation has removed the "Shared"
>> classloader description.  Has the shared classloader been removed
>> from tomcat?
>
> It wasn't removed per se, but it is no longer used by default.  You may still configure
it in catalina.properties, if you have a pressing need to do so (usually a very, very bad
idea).