tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat with Cisco ACE Load Balancer
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:14:29 GMT
On 31/05/2011 21:10, Tauqir Akhtar wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have been using Weblogic Clusters with Cisco ACE Load Balancer
> We have 8 managed servers in the weblogic Cluster distributed evenly over two Machines.
> Load Balancer distributes the load in Robin Round fashion across these 8 managed servers
using the concept of Stickiness.

> Now we need to replace Weblogic with Tomcat.
> I am looking for a document that would help me replicate this existing architecture in
Tomcat environments.

> Questions that I have:
>

>  *   How many tomcat Installation would be required?

Impossible to say, we don't know anything about your application, server
spec, environment, current performance, etc etc etc

>  *   Or it would be single Installation on each machines and then copying of directory
for each port?

Impossible to say, we don't know anything about your application, server
spec, environment, current performance, etc etc etc

Also: I don't know what 'copying of directory for each port' means.

>  *   Will load Balancer see any difference if the request is from a Tomcat or Weblogic?

The app server make requests to the load balancer?  Or the load balancer
directs requests to each app server?

>  *   If yes, then what are changes required in Load Balancer configuration?

Impossible to say, we don't know anything about your application, server
spec, environment, current performance, etc etc etc

> Pease help me with your suggestions.

Please provide some meaningful information.

> Thanks
>
> Tauqir Akhtar

> NOTICE:
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachments to it may contain privileged and confidential
information from The Jones Group Inc. or its affiliates.  This information is only for the
viewing or use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of, or the taking of any
action in reliance upon, the information contained in this e-mail, or any of the attachments
to this e-mail, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by replying to this message and delete it from your system.