tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jjgtx <jeff_g...@yahoo.com>
Subject log4j logging works for webapps but not for server,
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:44:38 GMT

I can get my web applications to log with out a problem but I dont see any
messages from the tomcat server when I configure for log4j. Followed the
instrucations at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html
replacing the tomcat-juli.jar file in $CATALINA_HOME/bin with the one from
extras and placing the log4j.jar and tomcat-juli-adapters.jar in the lib
directory. Running with log4j debug I can see the categories registered. But
never see any output from those categories. I do see the output if I replace
the logging.properties file which causes the catalina.sh to use the default
logging.

log4j: Handling log4j.additivity.org.apache.catalina=[null]
log4j: Parsing for [org] with value=[WARN].
log4j: Level token is [WARN].
log4j: Category org set to WARN
log4j: Handling log4j.additivity.org=[null]
log4j: Parsing for
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager]]
with value=[DEBUG, TOMCAT, TSOCK].
log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
log4j: Category
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager]
set to DEBUG
log4j: Parsing appender named "TOMCAT".
log4j: Appender "TOMCAT" was already parsed.
log4j: Parsing appender named "TSOCK".
log4j: Appender "TSOCK" was already parsed.
log4j: Handling
log4j.additivity.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager]=[null]
log4j: Parsing for
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager]]
with value=[DEBUG, TOMCAT, TSOCK].
log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
log4j: Category
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager] set
to DEBUG
log4j: Parsing appender named "TOMCAT".
log4j: Appender "TOMCAT" was already parsed.
log4j: Parsing appender named "TSOCK".
log4j: Appender "TSOCK" was already parsed.
log4j: Handling
log4j.additivity.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager]=[null]
log4j: Finished configuring.

Any help would be appreciated.