tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srilalitha Bijumalla <srilalitha.bijuma...@xius.com>
Subject RE: Query regarding an issue been faced in TOMCAT
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 08:54:22 GMT
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:58:06 +0530, Srilalitha Bijumalla wrote:
>
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>> /global/backup/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/logs/catalina.2011-05-31.log (No
>> space left on device)
>
> Either there's no space left or there are insufficient permissions.
> Maybe tomcat is unable to create logfile, but incorrectly recognizes it
> as a no space left error.
> Anyway, migration to new tomcat version is recommended.

Anyway, I find this /global/backup/ directory name quite suspicious.
And the catalina.out contents show that the problem is not only with the Tomcat "logs"
directory, but also with the "conf" directory etc..

If anything, it sounds like you are trying to start Tomcat from some backup directory,
instead of from the directory in which it was first installed.
And maybe indeed that brings a whole lot of permission problems (or maybe that location is
read-only, or whatever..).

Can you tell us what it is precisely, that you are trying to achieve ?
Has this same Tomcat been running from this same directory before ?

Srilalitha--> This issue got solved when we deleted some folders from a directory which
was mapped to tomcat in conf.

But we are still not able to analyse why this issue has occurred, Disk space was available
and permissions were also provided and tomcat was not started from backup directory

Need to find how the folders linked in conf could create a low disk space error

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments is confidential, and
is intended only for the use of the party to whom it is addressed. This message and any attachments
herein are subject to scanning and may be monitored at any time for review.  If you are not
the above-named intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying
or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify XIUS immediately by reply to this message or by telephoning (781)
904-5000, and destroy this message and its attachments, without making any copy or distribution.