tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <>
Subject Re: Tomcat performance issues...
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:23:06 GMT
Thanks I joined the taglib email list and am waiting for an answer. I suspect
Tomcat might support the lib you mentioned but the servlet spec and what
appeared to be a dead project worried me.

----- Original Message ----
From: Konstantin Kolinko <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>
Sent: Thu, June 30, 2011 9:19:49 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat performance issues...

2011/6/30 Tony Anecito <>:
> Thanks for the link and it proved what I was concerned about and that is
> 6 does not have an approved standard library for JSP's which means 7 has more
> issues with this "Standard" taglib.
> I could be wrong but the highest level of support is servlet 2.4 and Tomcat 6
> at 2.5.

All previous versions of specifications are supported.

The version 1.1.2 of the Standard taglib is included into the
"examples" web application and does works on all supported Tomcat

It is not included as "part" of Tomcat, because your web application
is free to use and bundle whatever libraries it wants, be that
taglibs, myfaces, etc etc.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: