tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yongqin Xu <yong...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to other location?
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 04:49:27 GMT

I mean, can I define my own placeholder there? like ${foo.bar}, so that I don't have to hardcode
catalina.propertiesto let TC include my external jars? Is there mapping like CATALINA_BASE
-> catalina.base, and CATALINA_HOME -> catalina.home,or FOO_BAR -> foo.bar?

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 23:39:59 -0500
> Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to
other location?

> > From: Yongqin Xu [mailto:yongqxu@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point
to other location?

> > If "common.loader" map to common classloader, what "shared.loader" get map to?
>
> Nothing, unless you change catalina.properties.  Tomcat 5.5 and earlier used the shared
loader, but it was de-configured in Tomcat 6.0 and later.

> > And are those  ${catalina.base} and ${catalina.home} built-in placeholder for TC7?
>
> Not sure what you mean by "built-in placelholder"; they are properties that undergo variable
substitution when the file is loaded and parsed.  Read RUNNING.txt in Tomcat's home directory
for an explanation.