tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yongqin Xu <yong...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to other location?
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 17:36:34 GMT

Hello, Churck,

I tried to use $CATALINA_OPTS env to set my ${oracle.common.home} variable in common.loader
property,
starting TC has no problem, but when shutting down TC, it gives me error saying it could not
find the jar. I
added echo to print CATALINA_OPTS in catalina.sh script.

[yoxu@dadvml0008 bin]$ ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_OPTS:  -Doracle.common.home=/scratch/yoxu/view_storage/yoxu_maincred/oracle/oracle_common
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
Using CLASSPATH:       /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/bootstrap.jar:/scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
[yoxu@dadvml0008 bin]$ ./shutdown.sh
Using CATALINA_OPTS:  -Doracle.common.home=/scratch/yoxu/view_storage/yoxu_maincred/oracle/oracle_common
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
Using CLASSPATH:       /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/bootstrap.jar:/scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
May 5, 2011 10:10:39 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with JAR file [/scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1/bin/${oracle.common.home}/modules/features/adf.share.ca_11.1.1.jar],
exists: [false], canRead: [false]

You can see I tried to set ${oracle.common.home} pointing to a valid location, but
TC could not recognize it. Do you know what missing?

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 23:57:21 -0500
> Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to
other location?

> > From: Yongqin Xu [mailto:yongqxu@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point
to other location?

> > I mean, can I define my own placeholder there?
>
> It's not a placeholder, it's a reference to a system property, evaluated when the .xml
or .properties file is scanned.  Read the doc:

> "Apache Ant-style variable substitution is supported; a system property with the name
propname may be used in a configuration file using the syntax ${propname}. All system properties
are available including those set using the -D syntax, those automatically made available
by the JVM and those configured in the $CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties file."