tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yongqin Xu <>
Subject tomcat 7: common.loader property in does not take ANT style variable
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 05:01:25 GMT

The default common.loader property has${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jarI
added my own entries like ${oracle.home}/lib/*.jar, and set $JAVA_OPTS=-Doracle.home=/usr/local/oracle,
then start tomcat 7 and stop tomcat 7, the stop complaints that ${oracle.home} is not valid
path, butphysically it is valid. I am sure there is no typo.
Further more, i intentionally changed for those sections of setting -Dcatalina.base=$CATALINA_BASEfor
starting Tomcat 7, like I changed it to "-Dcatalina.bas",  it all has no impact to this common.loader
at all.Looks like Tomcat populate catalina.base and catalina.home internally, does anyone
know how Tomcat set this ANT style variable during start/stop? thanks