tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: Slow SSL connections after Tomcat 5 to 7 migration
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 14:26:46 GMT
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 15:49, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Michał Kapituła [mailto:michal.kapitula@comarch.pl]
>> Subject: Slow SSL connections after Tomcat 5 to 7 migration
>
>> I've just tested the page generation time via local network (and
>> browser's cache off) and the page is being fully loaded in circa 2
>> seconds (with Firebug on) when using http, while loading the same
>> page using secure connection took as much as 10 times longer.
>
> If the CPU usage is not high during page generation over SSL, and the network isn't inducing
delays, then the threads must be waiting for something.  Can you take some thread dumps during
the delay period and find out what they're stuck on?  (My suspicion is reads from /dev/random,
but I thought that was only during Tomcat initialization.)

> Also, is Tomcat front-ended by anything (e.g., httpd), or are you accessing it directly?
>
> Did anything else change when you upgraded Tomcat?  For example, the JVM version?

Can it be the same problem that I encountered with the long deployment
time of the manager webapp, which is cured by changing the entropy
source file?

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM