tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Host-manager and jndi data-sources question
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 20:14:08 GMT
All,

So we have a single war file that we wish to be able to run for different
clients, each isolated from each other. I noticed that with the host-manager
app we should be able to setup a different host within the same tomcat
instance.

1) is this the best way to solve our aim? Would we be better off with
multiple tomcat instances - e.g. single catalina_home and multiple
catalina_base? I think these would be better insulated, but there would be
more admin overhead
2) the app needs a database connection. How can we setup a jndi connection
for each host? Each client would want a jndi connection using a different db
account. What is the recommended way to do this when using the host-manager

Thanks

Chris