tomcat-users mailing list archives

From הילה <>
Subject Re: Application crash after Migrate to different ESX
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 18:39:51 GMT
> >> I know that after migrate, a disconnection is expected, but in my case -
> >> it
> >> crashes completely, or alternately until it works (but don't know if
> it's
> >> stable now).
> >
> It is not a problem, it is a feature. What is your question?

what is the feature here exactly?

> Anyway, what happens with your application if you abruptly break all
> connections between your application and your DB? What happens with
> your DB at the same time?

how can I abruptly break all connections between application and DB?
the only way I know is take the server out of the Load balancer so no new
users can get to the server + the LB kicks the users that are already

> I suspect that
> a) at webapp end you will have a lot of unusable connections in the
> pool. If you did not forget to configure validation, they will be
> replaced by valid connections by the next time when you try to get
> them from the pool.

I haven't configure validation cause in our production environment it has
proven to be harmful (freezes application)

> b) at the DB end you will have a number of aborted transactions. How
> it handles them depends on your DB.

How can I see the aborted transactions?
how can I check the configuration that handles it?

> c) at the users' end whatever they were writing to the database at
> that moment was lost, because of b). That is why you see the
> exceptions.

yeah, I know :]