tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: High Availability in Tomcat?
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 12:40:06 GMT

> > Take a look at the Parallel Deployment feature in Tomcat 7
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html

Can someone explain how to do actually do this? I have read the docs at the
link above, and think I understand that you have to manually craft a
context.xml file for both v1 and v2 of the war files. However the
documentation isn't that clear to me - perhaps we could add a "step 1, step
2" guide of actually how to do it.

Before anyone says "well supply a patch", I am happy to - I just want to
understand how to use the feature first

Thanks

Chris