tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 7: common.loader property in catalina.properties does not take ANT style variable
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 07:05:47 GMT
2011/5/10 Yongqin Xu <yongqxu@hotmail.com>:

> The default common.loader property has${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jarI
added my own entries like ${oracle.home}/lib/*.jar, and set $JAVA_OPTS=-Doracle.home=/usr/local/oracle,
then start tomcat 7 and stop tomcat 7, the stop complaints that ${oracle.home} is not valid
path, butphysically it is valid. I am sure there is no typo.

IIRC, catalina.properties file does not support substitution for
anything, besides those two specific properties, "catalina.home" and
"catalina.base".

> Further more, i intentionally changed catalina.sh for those sections of setting -Dcatalina.base=$CATALINA_BASEfor
starting Tomcat 7, like I changed it to "-Dcatalina.bas",  it all has no impact to this common.loader
at all.Looks like Tomcat populate catalina.base and catalina.home internally, does anyone
know how Tomcat set this ANT style variable during start/stop? thanks

If no "catalina.base" is defined then it defaults to be the same as
catalina.home. You can see the source code of the Bootstrap and
CatalinaProperties classes in org.apache.catalina.startup package.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko