tomcat-users mailing list archives

From space monkey <spacemonke...@gmail.com>
Subject Clarification on --JvmXX windows service installer parameters
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 00:52:02 GMT
Tomcat 7.0.14
Windows XP+

Hello Tomcat users,

I am trying to understand how the *--JvmMs*, *--JvmMx*, and *JvmSs* windows
service install paramerters differ from setting the JVM memory values
explicitly with *--JvmOptions*?

Please see this forum post that described my initial problem:
http://www.coderanch.com/t/537921/Tomcat/Issues-multiple-Tomcat-services-Windows
.

Basically, I discovered that I needed to try something like* tomcat7.exe
//US/t1 --JvmOptions=-Xmx=2048* after finding out that *--JvmMx=2048* did
not get me the desired results.

How do the --JvmXX flags work exactly and if I am setting memory values with
JvmOptions, should I still bother setting anything with the --JvmXX?

Thanks!