tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jay, Michael" <em...@ufl.edu>
Subject problem with missing library(s)--google app engine
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 14:26:29 GMT
I am trying to write a web app to do authentication through google. My development environment
is eclipse with the google GAE and jetty. I get no compile time errors--and I copied the web
module folder (named *war* in eclipse) manually into webapps in tomcat. No .war file involved.
The app runs in the dev server but via tomcat the following error occurs, even though the
.jar files are in the WEB-INF/lib folder in my app in tomcat. Any ideas? Some fundamental
tomcat configuration setting? Tomcat is attempting to run the proper servlet based on the
web.xml file.

One of the files in the lib folder is appengine-api-1.0-sdk-1.4.3.jar

eclipse likes my import statement:

import com.google.appengine.api.users.*;

This package is in the .jar. User is a class in the package. createLoginURL() is a method
in the UserServiceFactory class, also in the package. And yet, live in tomcat . . .

error:

com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$CallNotFoundException: The API package 'user' or call 'CreateLoginURL()'
was not found.
	com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:98)
	com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:50)
	com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.makeSyncCall(UserServiceImpl.java:123)
	com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.createLoginURL(UserServiceImpl.java:62)
	googleOID.splash.doGet(splash.java:34)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

Library visibility seems to be the most common error I enounter so I assume I'm missing something
elementary.

--michael