tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to other location?
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 04:57:21 GMT
> From: Yongqin Xu [mailto:yongqxu@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to
other location?

> I mean, can I define my own placeholder there?

It's not a placeholder, it's a reference to a system property, evaluated when the .xml or
.properties file is scanned.  Read the doc:

"Apache Ant-style variable substitution is supported; a system property with the name propname
may be used in a configuration file using the syntax ${propname}. All system properties are
available including those set using the -D syntax, those automatically made available by the
JVM and those configured in the $CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties file."

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/index.html

 - Chuck