tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: PHP Webapp on Tomcat Server
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 16:07:36 GMT
Looking just at the schema on the project homepage, that seems to be a solution similar to

the OP's #3) however : you use another webserver as front-end to Tomcat.
I do not see at first how this solution is much different than an Apache httpd front-end,

which proxies to Tomcat what belongs to Tomcat (aka targeting the Java apps), and runs
locally (using mod_php e.g.) the PHP apps.

The php-java-bridge looks more like a "device" which allows PHP applications running on
the front-end, to interact directly with Java apps running on the Tomcat back-end.

Or am I missing something ?