tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Expected behavior of Tomcat under load
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 16:20:10 GMT
Putting your answer together with the one from Chuck :

I understand that if the tcpdump program runs on the same host as the one which is sending

the packets, it may not be able to correctly see the TCP checksum, since it captures the
packet before it goes out on the network, and it is the NIC which calculates and inserts
the TCP checksum just before the packet is sent over the network.
Right ?

But is this the case here ?
Where is/was the tcpdump program run, which captured these packets, as compared to the
"client" and "server" systems ?