tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Röttger <chris.roett...@uni-muenster.de>
Subject Re: problems get tomcat6 running
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 14:52:34 GMT
Am 25.05.2011 16:00, schrieb Pid:
> On 25/05/2011 13:55, Christian Röttger wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> i installed tomcat6.0.24 on a ubuntu 10.04 server with this installation
>> guide ( https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/tomcat.html )
>> without changing the port.
>>
>> when i try to access the page on myserver:8080 it remains loading and
>
> The exception gives you a fairly big hint:
>
>> 25.05.2011 14:25:53 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester fatalError
>> SCHWERWIEGEND: Parse Fatal Error at line 23 column 1: XML document
>> structures must start and end within the same entity.
>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 23; columnNumber: 1; XML
>> document structures must start and end within the same entity.
>
> You have an error in your Tomcat configuration, an element of your XML
> is incorrectly written...
>
>> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener createMBeans
>> SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception processing Global JNDI Resources
>> javax.naming.NamingException: XML document structures must start and end
>> within the same entity.
>
> ... in the Global JNDI definition.
>

> If you can't see what it is, you can post the server.xml file inline,
> with any username, passwords&  IPs removed.

I didn't change anything in that file, but the xml is attached.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!--
   contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
   The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
   (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
   the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

   limitations under the License.
-->
<!-- Note:  A "Server" is not itself a "Container", so you may not
      define subcomponents such as "Valves" at this level.
      Documentation at /docs/config/server.html
  -->
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

   <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html -->
   <!--
   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
SSLEngine="on" />
   -->
   <!--Initialize Jasper prior to webapps are loaded. Documentation at
/docs/jasper-howto.html -->
   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
   <!-- Prevent memory leaks due to use of particular java/javax APIs-->
   <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener" />
   <!-- JMX Support for the Tomcat server. Documentation at
/docs/non-existent.html -->
   <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
   <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />

   <!-- Global JNDI resources
        Documentation at /docs/jndi-resources-howto.html
   -->
   <GlobalNamingResources>
     <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
          UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
     -->
               type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
               pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
   </GlobalNamingResources>

   <!-- A "Service" is a collection of one or more "Connectors" that share
        a single "Container" Note:  A "Service" is not itself a
"Container",
        so you may not define subcomponents such as "Valves" at this level.
        Documentation at /docs/config/service.html
    -->
   <Service name="Catalina">

     <!--The connectors can use a shared executor, you can define one or
more named thread pools-->
     <!--
     <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
         maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="4"/>
     -->

     <!-- A "Connector" represents an endpoint by which requests are
received
          and responses are returned. Documentation at :
          Java HTTP Connector: /docs/config/http.html (blocking &
non-blocking)
          Java AJP  Connector: /docs/config/ajp.html
          APR (HTTP/AJP) Connector: /docs/apr.html
          Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080
     -->
     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                connectionTimeout="20000"
                URIEncoding="UTF-8"
                redirectPort="8443" />
     <!-- A "Connector" using the shared thread pool-->
     <!--
     <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool"
                port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                connectionTimeout="20000"
                redirectPort="8443" />
     -->
     <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
          This connector uses the JSSE configuration, when using APR, the
          connector should be using the OpenSSL style configuration
          described in the APR documentation -->
     <!--
     <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
     -->

     <!--
     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
     -->

     <!-- An Engine represents the entry point (within Catalina) that
processes
          every request.  The Engine implementation for Tomcat stand alone
          analyzes the HTTP headers included with the request, and
passes them
          on to the appropriate Host (virtual host).
          Documentation at /docs/config/engine.html -->

     <!-- You should set jvmRoute to support load-balancing via AJP ie :
     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="jvm1">

     -->

       <!--For clustering, please take a look at documentation at:
           /docs/cluster-howto.html  (simple how to)
           /docs/config/cluster.html (reference documentation) -->
       <!--
       <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>
       -->

       <!-- The request dumper valve dumps useful debugging information
about
            the request and response data received and sent by Tomcat.
            Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
       <!--
       <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
       -->

       <!-- This Realm uses the UserDatabase configured in the global JNDI
            resources under the key "UserDatabase".  Any edits
            that are performed against this UserDatabase are immediately
            available for use by the Realm.  -->
              resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

       <!-- Define the default virtual host
            Note: XML Schema validation will not work with Xerces 2.2.
        -->
       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

         <!-- SingleSignOn valve, share authentication between web
applications
              Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
         <!--
         <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />
         -->

         <!-- Access log processes all example.
              Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
         <!--
directory="logs"
                prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
         -->

       </Host>
     </Engine>