tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 + socketserver and contextListener
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 13:51:00 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Micka wrote:
>> If it was that simple, I would not ask your help ^^.
>>
>> An example :
>>
>> Tomcat was stopped before, and the commands :
>>  sockstat -p 8080
>>
>> give nothing.
>>
> Where does this sockstat command come from ?
> I do not seem to have that on either Windows or Linux systems.
>

> And all I can tell you about this :
>
> SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
> ["http-bio-8080"]
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.bind(JIoEndpoint.java:378)
>
> Is that, undoubtedly, some process already "owns" a listening socket on
> port 8080.
> So if it is not Tomcat, it must be something else.
> And if the above "sockstat" command does not show it, then there is
> something wrong with the sockstat command, or with the way you are using
> it.

Addendum :
I found the sockstat command in Google, and noticed this :

Note that TCP sockets in the  AF_INET or  AF_INET6 domains that are not in one of the
LISTEN, SYN_SENT, or  ESTABLISHED states may not be shown by sockstat; use netstat(1) to
examine them instead.

So maybe the socket is not shown, because it is in another state than the above.
Given that your Tomcat seems to have trouble stopping, this may be a possibility.

Try "netstat -pan --tcp | grep 8080" maybe ?