tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 + socketserver and contextListener
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 13:43:27 GMT
Micka wrote:
> If it was that simple, I would not ask your help ^^.
>
> An example :
>
> Tomcat was stopped before, and the commands :
>  sockstat -p 8080
>
> give nothing.

Where does this sockstat command come from ?
I do not seem to have that on either Windows or Linux systems.

And all I can tell you about this :

SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
["http-bio-8080"]
java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.bind(JIoEndpoint.java:378)

Is that, undoubtedly, some process already "owns" a listening socket on port 8080.
So if it is not Tomcat, it must be something else.
And if the above "sockstat" command does not show it, then there is something wrong with
the sockstat command, or with the way you are using it.