tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 + socketserver and contextListener
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 09:59:12 GMT
Micka wrote:

> *Problem 2 :*
>
> After  sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat stop , I try again to start the server, but i
> got :
>
> May 19, 2011 4:28:22 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.pa$
> May 19, 2011 4:28:22 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocolHandler init
> INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
> May 19, 2011 4:28:22 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocolHandler init
> SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
> ["http-bio-8080"]
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.bind(JIoEndpoint.java:378)

It means that another instance of Tomcat is already (or still) running.

> I don't understand, because sockstat -p 8080 give an empty answer :
> USER     PROCESS              PID      PROTO  SOURCE ADDRESS
> FOREIGN ADDRESS           STATE

Probably just because between the first error, and your "sockstat" command, Tomcat really

stopped.

> And if try to stop again tomcat i got :

>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
>         at

And there again, just a timing issue : Tomcat is not running, si you can't stop it.
(The connection is refused because the "stop" process tries to connect to a running
Tomcat's port 8005, but since there is no Tomcat running, nothing is listening on that
port and the connection is refused).

In other words, the important part is your problem #1.
When you have solved that one, problem #2 will probably go away by itself.
But for problem #1, I cannot help you.