tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat download stream gets broken
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 16:14:23 GMT
Gerardo Corro wrote:
>>>> Trying gmail

That works.
Of course, you're going to expect people here to look at 50 lines of code.
Oh well..

> Hi all,
>
> I have a file download servlet running on Tomcat, the code is

> However once in a while I get an error that prevents files from being
> downloaded:
>

> DownloadException:  java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:366)

That looks to me like the client just went away in the middle of the download.
If so, then you're out of luck, there is nothing you can do to prevent that (I mean other

than displaying interesting information while the download is taking place, so that they
don't feel like going away.)

If your point is to avoid the lines in the log, then I guess you could just plan for it
and catch that exception nicely, and just write in the log "damn, he's gone" or something.