tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions when starting Tomcat
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 09:22:23 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Michael [mailto:mtarullo463@optonline.net]
>> Subject: RE: Exceptions when starting Tomcat
>
>> BTW, Chuck the first machine I ever worked on in my professional career was
>> a Burroughs mainframe, back before Burroughs became Unisys.
>
>> So you're teaching an old dog new tricks, even though I've been doing this
>> longer than my mainframe career now!
>
> I suspect I'm an older dog - I started getting paid for working on a Univac 1108 in 1969
(with a bit of student time before that on a B5500).  Still working on the 1108 successors.

Not by any means wanting to interfere into you oldies reminiscing, but just as an
additional recommendation to Michael while he is at it : whichever new directory you
create to install Apache and Tomcat in, take the opportunity to use installation paths
without spaces in them.  It will probably save you some aggravation down the line.