tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: TomCat 7 + Socket & Java Version
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 14:03:30 GMT
Micka wrote:
> Thx for the advise, My mail will be better for the next time.
>
> To explain better my application, it is a TCP server. And it received
> connection requests from clients.
>
> In my configuration I'm automatically waiting and accepting a connection
> with :
>
> java.net.ServerSocket.accept()
>

> After that I give the socket to a Thread to communicate with the device.
>

> In my case the device, works with commands. And to check if there is no
> errors during the communication, It send me back an echo.
> Each time that i send a command, I check if the echo is the same, if not, I
> create an Exception.
>

> is that better ? :p

Yes, now it is starting to make sense.
The "devices" (which are not browsers), are actually TCP clients, but after establishing a

connection with the server (your application), they become "passive" and wait for further

commands from your Tomcat application.

:-)

So now, and purely by curiosity, whhy is your application then hosted under Tomcat, if it

is already its own TCP server and manages its own threads ?