tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Multiple context paths for single deployment
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 15:17:20 GMT
JanAa wrote:
> Thanks for replying.
>
> I was under the impression that the difference between
> HttpServletRequest.getContextPath and ServletContext.getContextPath() was
> exactly that the first returned the context path used in the request while
> the second returned the context path used when processing
> (http://download.oracle.com/javaee/5/api/javax/servlet/ServletContext.html#getContextPath()).
>
> I realise I have to find another route, I still need multiple urls to one
> application, and I have to identify these in the code. I am thinking about
> an urlrewritefilter that sets a request-attribute, and then use an
> outbound-rule to not show this to the users. Any other/better proposal?

How about this :
- deploy your application as the ROOT (default) application
- create a Servlet Filter, which wraps the request in a HttpServletRequestWrapper
- the HttpServletRequestWrapper redefines the getContextPah method
- your getContextPath returns whatever you want, in function of the original request URL
That would be independent of the servlet engine version.
I'd still have a look at the above solution with urlrewritefilter though, because it can
do many other things in addition to what you mention above, and you do not need to write it.