tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [slightly OT] Tomcat 6 crash, no log, no hs_err_pid file
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 09:50:54 GMT
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> On Fri, 06 May 2011 09:42:12 +0200, André Warnier wrote:
>
>> Naive question : and is this a normal thing to happen, or does it
>> indicate a problem ?
>
> Unfortunately it's a normal thing when redeploying hibernate webapps.

My question is more at the intellectual curiosity level than for practical reasons,since I

am not using Hibernate.
But to insist, is this then a Hibernate "bug", or is it "normal" that restarting an
application would lead to (what I see as) memory leaks ?
Or is it a faulty design at the level of the Hibernate webapp ?