tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why deleting of context.xml is NOT optional ? (after deploying the app)
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 08:29:34 GMT
On 06/05/2011 09:08, joe.k@centrum.cz wrote:

> Hi there,
> all we know that once the application is autodeployed, Tomcat automatically deletes the
> context xml files related with this webapp.

Huh? We don't all know that. You are going to have to explain yourself
more clearly. No files are deleted on deployment.

> it was written a lot of about this issue already and actually Tomcat developers say that
> it's by design, so it is NOT a bug.  I would strongly disagree here, but my question
is
> WHY this behavior is not customizable ?

There is no need to shout. It isn't helping your cause. You still
haven't explained what behaviour you are complaining about.

> I think A LOT of people would appreciate it !!!

<off-topic>
What is it with email that makes people abuse exclamation marks so
frequently? Maybe Terry Pratchett is right.
</off-topic>

> There could be just 1 simple attribute on <host> or <Context> saying if the
context
> files should be removed or not.

Are you referring to what happens on undeployment? If so, take a look at
Tomcat 7.

> Here is the bug, which explains everything.

There is no bug and no explanation here.

Mark