tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joel Klein <jfkl...@wolfram.com>
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 19:35:16 GMT

I'm using Tomcat 5.5 to host a webapp that we deploy on Windows, Linux,
and OS X.  The webapp includes a Java Native Library.

Right now we're seeing a scenario only on Mac OS X where Tomcat shuts
down with this message:

SEVERE: StandardServer.await: accept:
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:402)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:379)

The user scenario that reproduces this is one where we're pretty sure
system signals are being fired, which could account for why the system
call is interrupted.

This has been seen with Java 1.5 on OS X 10.5.8 and Java 1.6.0_24 on OS
X 10.6.7.

My question to the list is whether it will work to modify
StandardServer.java to ignore the exception and continue on.  My
understanding is the interrupted system call isn't actually fatal.

Are there other ideas for either preventing or recovering from this
situation?

--
Joel Klein
Kernel Developer, Wolfram Research, Inc.