tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Mayr <ste...@mayr-stefan.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.32 on 64-bit 2008 server - "Event 1000, Application Error"
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 18:34:59 GMT
Am 04.05.2011 18:34, schrieb André Warnier:
> fsmaniac@netscape.net wrote:
>>
>> Also, do the out-of-order timestamps (and the server startup time of
>> -1161496934 ms) hint at anything?
>>
> Not that it has anything to do with the problem, but I would say that
> the startup time looks very much like a formatting error. Or else that
> hardware of yours is *really* fast.
> May even explain the out-of-order timestamps, when you think about it.
> ;-)

out-of-order timestamps on a virtual machine are not uncommon. VMware
ESX for example does not provide a stable timesource. Most know problems
are clocks that are running too fast. Depending on your time
synchronization ist is now possible that system time is set backwards.
Many programms calculating time differences don't like that. Startup
time faster then light speed anyone?
Also it is possible that a certain system time is skipped: when the
system clock is too slow the VMware Tools can skip a period of time and
set the current time.
We once had MySQL not closing idle-connections because the time this
should happen was skipped.

You could try monitoring the system time in relation to a stable time
source and check if there are any coherences.

- Stefan