tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: modjk apache response questions
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 21:25:49 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,
>
> On 5/2/2011 12:40 PM, André Warnier wrote:
>> He has 3 tomcats though.
>> Or did I misread that ?
>
> Oh, well, there still might be a problem. No httpd configuration was
> shown (only workers.properties), so there are still situations where the
> connections can be way-off.
>
> For instance, if session stickiness is used and you get very unlucky,
> it's possible that two Tomcat backends will sit idle while the third
> will be handling 100% of the traffic. If that instance only has 500
> connections available, there will be 1500 active connections
> bearing-down on it. :(

Yes.  Session stickines is used, and this scenario has been mentioned.
I have been trying to get the OP to use the standard Apache "ab" program, with a simple
request to a static page, to make sure that this was not the case, in conditions that we
can relate to.
Unfortunately, he does not seem convinced by the need to do so, so it is a bit difficult
to help further in that case.