tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: What is JAVA_HOME?
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 18:04:27 GMT
Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
> On 3 May 2011 23:16, David Smith <david.smith@cornell.edu> wrote:
>> Depends on your OS and how you start tomcat (startup script or as a
>> service).
>>
>> --David
>>
>> On 5/3/2011 1:43 PM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:

MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

>>> How to set  environment variables permanently.Without having to set
>>> each time it is needed to be used.

>  I am using Fedora 14 at the time if that is so what is the way to do it?

In the "bin" directory of Tomcat (*), create (or edit) a script named "setenv.sh", and put

the definitions there.
At least, if you downloaded and installed tomcat from the tomcat website.
If you are using a Fedora package, then you should ask the people who created that package.

(*) where you should also find scripts named "catalina.sh" and "startup.sh".