tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Async servlets and Tomcat 7 vs. mod_jk
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 11:14:37 GMT
On 5/3/2011 3:18 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> As I write this it occurs to me that an AJP-NIO connector would be a big
> help to you here. I don't know how much work that would be to write but
> with the refactoring already completed for Tomcat 7 it might be as
> little as 1000 lines of code. If you would be interested in such a
> connector create an enhancement request in Bugzilla.
That would almost certainly be the biggest help to me, yes.  While I
have nothing against Apache HTTPD or APR in theory, in practice native
builds (and bugs) across numerous platforms are just too much to deal with.
>> In Apache, I note that there are noises about broader/better support for
>> the mod_event MPM worker.  Does mod_jk work with mod_event there to
>> reduce the threads required in Apache?
> Sorry, don't know. I have relatively little to do with the native mod_jk
> code.
Thanks.  I was hoping someone on this list could answer (Mladen?), but
realize there are relatively few involved in mod_jk code.

--
Jess Holle