tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Can anybody Please tell me How to Configure Tomcat 5 on Fedora 14 or refer me to relevant documentation.
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 18:24:51 GMT
Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
> On 2 May 2011 23:43, Pid <pid@pidster.com> wrote:
>> On 5/2/11 7:07 PM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
>>> Can anybody Please tell me How to Configure Tomcat 5 on Fedora 14 or
>>> refer me to relevant documentation.I am Unable to understand what is
>>> documented at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html and
>>> configure Tomcat in order to create a Java Servlet Development
>>> Environment for me at my home machine
>> What don't you understand?

> I don't understand How to do the following
> <Quote>
>          Unix daemon

etc..

Yes, I understand that this is a bit intimidating for a beginner.

You may have an easier choice, if the point is just to get a tomcat running on your system.
I do not know Fedora, but I imagine that like other Linuxes, it has a reasonably easy to
use package management system.  Maybe your easiest choice here is to find the tomcat
package in that packaging system, and click on the right buttons to install and run it.
You may not get the latest version that way, but it is definitely easier than compiling
jsvc.  As a matter of fact, the tomcat package for Fedora may already have jsvc in it.

If you are having trouble with that packaged tomcat, the right place to ask would be a
Fedora help list.