tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jo...@centrum.cz>
Subject Why deleting of context.xml is NOT optional ? (after deploying the app)
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 08:08:46 GMT

Hi there,
all we know that once the application is autodeployed, Tomcat automatically deletes the
context xml files related with this webapp.

it was written a lot of about this issue already and actually Tomcat developers say that
it's by design, so it is NOT a bug.  I would strongly disagree here, but my question is
WHY this behavior is not customizable ?  I think A LOT of people would appreciate it !!!
There could be just 1 simple attribute on <host> or <Context> saying if the context
files should be removed or not.

Here is the bug, which explains everything.

Thanks,

Joe