tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point to other location?
Date Sun, 08 May 2011 11:25:47 GMT
Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2011, 11:36 -0600 schrieb Yongqin Xu:
> Hello, Churck,
>
> I tried to use $CATALINA_OPTS env to set my ${oracle.common.home} variable in common.loader
property,
> starting TC has no problem, but when shutting down TC, it gives me error saying it could
not find the jar. I
> added echo to print CATALINA_OPTS in catalina.sh script.
>
> [yoxu@dadvml0008 bin]$ ./startup.sh
> Using CATALINA_OPTS:  -Doracle.common.home=/scratch/yoxu/view_storage/yoxu_maincred/oracle/oracle_common
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
> Using CLASSPATH:       /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/bootstrap.jar:/scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
> [yoxu@dadvml0008 bin]$ ./shutdown.sh
> Using CATALINA_OPTS:  -Doracle.common.home=/scratch/yoxu/view_storage/yoxu_maincred/oracle/oracle_common
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
> Using CLASSPATH:       /scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/bootstrap.jar:/scratch/yoxu/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.12/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
> May 5, 2011 10:10:39 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
> WARNING: Problem with JAR file [/scratch/yoxu/tomcat/tc-1/bin/${oracle.common.home}/modules/features/adf.share.ca_11.1.1.jar],
exists: [false], canRead: [false]

> You can see I tried to set ${oracle.common.home} pointing to a valid location, but
> TC could not recognize it. Do you know what missing?
$CATALINA_OPTS gets only used at startup. If you need the variable every
time (start and stop), you should use JAVA_OPTS.

Bye
 Felix

> > From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> > To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> > Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 23:57:21 -0500
> > Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to point
to other location?

> > > From: Yongqin Xu [mailto:yongqxu@hotmail.com]
> > > Subject: RE: tomcat 7: is it possible to config tomcat common classloader to
point to other location?

> > > I mean, can I define my own placeholder there?
> >
> > It's not a placeholder, it's a reference to a system property, evaluated when the
.xml or .properties file is scanned.  Read the doc:

> > "Apache Ant-style variable substitution is supported; a system property with the
name propname may be used in a configuration file using the syntax ${propname}. All system
properties are available including those set using the -D syntax, those automatically made
available by the JVM and those configured in the $CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties file."

> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/index.html
> >
> >  - Chuck
> >

> > THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.