tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zbynek Vavros <Zbynek_Vav...@cz.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Restarting Tomcat & Threads
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:34:35 GMT

- How do you kill Tomcat ?

I stop its service.

- You say "after start" and "I didnt [sic] start anything" in the same
sentence; you're contradicting yourself.

I start Tomcat which starts my webapp but connection to Lotus is started
separatedlly.
= I start my webapp but do not start "Lotus connector".

1) My code(thread) could not be executed unless I start it via web
interface.Which I dont.

2) Im talking about log from log4j so it is log of my application.No one
else's.

Zbynek

 Kind Regards / Mit
 freundlichen Grüßen /
 Üdvözlettel / S
 pozdravem:

 Zbynek VAVROS                                                 (Embedded
 Development                                                 image moved
                                                                to file:
                                                           pic01634.gif)

     Delivery Centre      616 00, Brno
      Central Europe      Technicka 21
        Brno SITE         Czech Republic

 (Embedded image moved to
   file: pic31451.gif)    Phone: 420-53341- x6283
                          Mobile:
                          E-mail: Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
   Registered address:
 Brno, Technicka 2995/21,
 Zip code: 61600, Company
       ID: 26244535
      Entered in the
   Commercial Register
    maintained by the
  Regional Court in Brno
  (Part C, Entry 39922)

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
  Sídlo: Brno, Technická
  2995/21, PSČ 61600 IČ:
         26244535
   Zapsaná v obchodním
    rejstříku, vedeném
  Krajským soudem v Brně
  oddíl C, vlozka 39922

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |04/19/2011 04:09 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |RE: Restarting Tomcat & Threads

> From: Zbynek Vavros [mailto:Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com]
> Subject: Restarting Tomcat & Threads

> I have noticed that when I kill Tomcat (shut down its service)

How do you kill Tomcat?  (Be specific.)

> then after start this thread is started automatically (I can
> see messages about connecting to Lotus in log when I didnt
> start anything).

You say "after start" and "I didnt [sic] start anything" in the same
sentence; you're contradicting yourself.

Tomcat knows nothing about your thread or the connection to Lotus, so one
of two things is happening:

1) Your code is being executed, you just aren't aware of it.

2) Something else is connecting to Lotus and you're mistaking that for your
code.

 - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.