tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Flaherty <pflah...@rampageinc.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat logging changed between 6.0.29 & 6.0.32
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:26:42 GMT
There are definitely changes. What used to show up was anything I
printed from my app
via System.out.println. I don't see any of those messages in any of
the logs.

What I see that's was never seen in any Tomcat logs is what looks
like messaging from a
3rd party dll.

If I run the console via tomcat6.exe I do see the messages I print
via System.out.println but I
also see messages that are not in my code which *ARE* the new
messages seen now
in stdout from the 3rd party library.

Also of note, I see the stderr log with a *lot of the messages* that
are in the Catalina log.
Exact duplicate line entries.

Finally I went back to 6.0.29 and noted this. There is a new log in
6.0.32 called
commons-daemon.2011-04-01.log also the stderr & stdout have different
names
between the two builds.

6.0.29 names
stdout_20110402.log
stderr_20110402.log

6.0.32 names
tomcat6-stderr.2011-04-02.log
tomcat6-stdout.2011-04-02.log

The OS is Windows 7 64 Bit.

Thanks
Pat

On Apr 2, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2011/4/2 Patrick Flaherty <pflahrty@rampageinc.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that I'm getting what appears to be *all* console
>> logging showing
>> up in my tomcat6-stdout log file.
>> It's capturing so much more that then it used to. I looked at the
>> changelog
>> from 6.0.29 to 6.0.32 and I don't
>> see anything that describes such a change.
>>
>> Does anyone know what exactly did change and if there is a way to
>> previous behavior.
>>
>> I tried playing around with the logging.properties in /conf and
>> changed
>> everything from FINE to SEVERE
>> to see if I could control the amount of info ending up in  tomcat6-
>> stdout.
>> Did not seem to change anything.
>>
>> Any explanation and/or direction would be much appreciated.
>>

> There should not be any such changes. What, exactly, is printed?
>
> What is your OS?
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Patrick Flaherty