tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Kolchoogin <g...@avalon-island.ru>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0 Manager/Host Manager authentication via Tomcat Realms -- is it possible at all?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:13:00 GMT
Mark,

    hi there!

2011/4/4 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:

> This also looks OK, altough if you aren't interested in using the
> UserDatabaseRealm, why is it still configured?
Just to test CombinedRealm functionality, althougth I've tried to
deconfigure UserDatabase entirely -- it doesn't help, too.

>> So, what am I doing wrong?
> Telling us which Tomcat 7 version you are using would be a start,
> although I'm not aware of any issues with any of them.
{177} root@staff:~ # pkg_info | grep tomcat
tomcat-7.0.6        Open-source Java web server by Apache, 7.x branch
tomcat-native-1.1.20_2 Tomcat native library

> You won't see any error messages from DataSourceRealm until you try and
> use it and it fails.
Trying to login is an usage attempt?

> Enabling debug logging for org.apache.catalina.realm should show you
> what is going on.
I'm not a Tomcat Guru -- what should I do with server.xml?
--
    Yours
        Andrew Kolchoogin.