tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yvan Hurtado <>
Subject How to access MyWebApp from another computer through the internet
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:56:34 GMT

I have my web application working correctly with http://localhost:8080.
Yet, I cannot access it from another computer trough internet. I've change
'localhost' to the computer's ip where tomcat 5.5.33 is installed:

I'm new with tomcat so I dont know much. I've browse a lot of forums and
trough the built in documentation of tomcat and the clues lead me to think
it has something to do with Host, context, virtual host... I really don't
I haven't change anything, I just copied MyWebApp.war file to the webapps
directory of tomcat....

How do I make my WebApp accessible from another pc through the internet?

WinXp Pro Sp3
Tomcat 5.5.33

Thanks in advance.

Yvan Hurtado