tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat GzipOutputFilter
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:28:46 GMT
2011/4/1 John Baker <jbaker@javasystemsolutions.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I note there's a GzipOutputFilter in the Tomcat (and JBoss) jar files:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/coyote/http11/filters/GzipOutputFilter.html
>
> Yet I can't load it in the web.xml file using <filter-class>. Is there
> some pre-defined filter name for this filter?

This class does not implement the javax.servlet.Filter interface and
thus it cannot be used in a web application.

It is just an internal component of HTTP connectors, that is used when
you enable gzip compression on the connector,

There is "compressionFilters.CompressionFilter" class in the examples
webapp though, that can be used as a Filter.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko