tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat LifecycleListener
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 12:57:37 GMT
> From: Sebastian Biedermann [mailto:biedermann@seceng.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
> Subject: Tomcat LifecycleListener

> I want to programm an Eventlistener for the tomcat6 Server
> that gives me an event when a war-file ist started.

Be precise: tell us the *exact* Tomcat version (there are ~25 releases of Tomcat 6), along
with the JDK/JRE you're using, and the platform you're running on.

> So I added a line to the server.xml:
> <Server>
> [...]
>    <ListenerclassName="TomcatListener"/>
> [...]
> </Server>

You're missing a space between Listener and className.

> And I have this little Java example code here which I put in
> /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/TomcatListener.java :

.java != .class

What do you expect Tomcat to do with source code?  You need to compile your .java code into
a class file.

 - Chuck