tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Max value of MaxPermSize
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:50:55 GMT
> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com]
> Subject: RE: Max value of MaxPermSize

> I was reading an IBM doc that "quoted" a sun doc that said
> permgen is part of heap.

Which does not mean that it's included in the -Xmx settting, just that all the heap components
are ... heaps.

> Also check that you have enough user-space memory left to
> allocate an entire GB to Tomcat.

The OP stated the VM had 3.5 GB, but has failed to indicate whether or not he's using a 32-
or 64-bit JVM.  If it's only 32-bit, he's not going to get far enough to use much of the 3.5
GB.

 - Chuck